Win £20,000 for a charity of your choice
Do you know someone who has given outstanding support to the veteran community?
They could be an individual helping alone or a business/charity providing they have given assistance to veterans in need.
If you know an ideal candidate, then we need to know about them as they could win £20,000 for a military charity of their choice.
The Veterans' Foundation Award is part of the prestigious Heropreneurs Awards held in London later this year.
Major General David Shaw CBE, CEO of the Veterans' Foundation, said: "The award seeks to recognise an organisation, or individual, that has given outstanding help to veterans in need and has shown entrepreneurial qualities in doing so. The prize is very worthwhile - £20,000 to a charity of the winner's choice - it's a sum of money that could make a real difference."
Last year's winner of the Veterans' Foundation Award was Richard Cullen of Deptherapy.
Richard formed the charity which uses scuba diving programmes for wounded, injured and serving UK armed forces personnel and veterans who have suffered life changing mental and/or physical challenges. The charity also provides 24/7 support for programme members and an active 'buddy peer' support scheme.
- Energy, passion and dedication.
- Growth, sufficient to meet their objectives (NB not all charities need to grow to achieve their objectives)
- Success (Numbers, helping those with complex needs etc)
- A nominated organisation must be under 10 years old
- A nominated organisation must have reserves of under £1m.
- Individuals within a larger organisation may be nominated.